The following approach works well enough. However I have not been able to use any kind of conditional breakpoint.
- Check you have PowerShell 3.0 or 4.0 installed
- Install VisualStudio 2013 Community Edition
- Install PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio 2013 extension
- Update "PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio" via Tools -> Extensions and Updates...
- Set the PowerShell Execution Policy in PowerShell with the following command:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser
- Create a new PowerShell project and away you go!